Brisbane

Brisbane
Mt Coot-Tha

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

AAAHHHH!!!




I just saw my very first, honest and true ring tailed opossum! I actually almost felt it! I was taking my nightly run on the trail along the Brisbane River, when I came to a narrow section in the trail. As I was running along the left side (just like the cars) the railing was about elbow height. I was running along, minding my own business when I was startled by a figure just off my elbow. I ran past it and caught a glimmer in its eye. I stopped turned around and realized that an opossum was just sitting there on the railing. Two local gals walked up soon behind me and confirmed my suspicions! It was much cutter than the opossums we have in Woodinville! I have a second reason for my screams today… my hubbie is coming for a visit! Our drilling has been postponed until the 6th of April, so what a better a time than for a ‘holiday’ (ie: vacation)! He will be here a little less than a week, so I have a lot of planning to do. Better go and work in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment