Brisbane

Brisbane
Mt Coot-Tha

Thursday, March 11, 2010

South Beach


Well is it Friday at lunch time and it is almost time to head out for another weekend adventure! Jill and I are heading to the beach (Fingal Holiday Park) for a weekend of camping, surfing, snorkeling, and of course relaxing. We are picking up our rental car in a few short hours. The week has gone by quickly! I have been running and biking all over Brisbane. I even went on a run towards the top of Mount Coot-Tha (photo at the top of this blog). I didn’t quite make it to the top, but I will next time. I also went for a swim this morning at South Bank in a man-made sandy beach “pool”. It was amazing! The water was warm and clear, the sun was shining, and it was of course warm. Now all we need is for this perfect warm and sunny weather to continue through the weekend. As for work, it has been kind of boring in the office doing busy work. Our fieldwork has been postponed as the flood waters are taking their time receding. The hope is to be out in the bush drilling in two weeks, but only Mother Nature has control our future for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment