Brisbane

Brisbane
Mt Coot-Tha

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kangaroo and Bats

After being in Brisbane for over a week, I have decided to start my own blog. My goal is for my posts to be short & sweet but often. To sum up my first week, it was awesome and humid. After traveling over the Pacific Ocean overnight for 13 hours in first class, I was well rested and ready to start my adventures in Australia. I have traveled to Australia to work for Golder with a fellow co-worker, Jill. Another co-worker that transferred to the Brisbane office 1.5 years back, Mitch picked Jill and me up from the airport. He was awesome and showed us all around Brisbane for the first weekend. We visited South Bank, the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, and viewed Brisbane from the top of Mt Coot-Tha. The sanctuary introduced us to all of the animals, good and bad, that we will see here. The kangaroo was the softest animal! The first week in the office was a bunch of training, but yesterday changed. We went out to a 4-wheel drive training class and ripped it up! It was a blast and we saw our first wild kangaroo. Unfortunately the kangaroo was along the side of the road… sad. Jill and I ventured out on a run/walk last night and saw a lot of bats. When I say bats, I mean big bats! Batman sized bats! Yikes! I hope to only ever see those flying far away. That’s it for now. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment