Brisbane

Brisbane
Mt Coot-Tha

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Strange Words


G’day Mate! Since arriving in Australia I have heard a variety of new words. Some of the words are uncommon to me while others are just comical slang words. Yesterday Jill and I learned two words with the same meaning: Budgerigar smugglers and TD. Know what they are? The other one that is similar is: toggs.


Well, the rain continues, but I was able to get in a short bike ride this morning before heading into the office. The bike trails run along the river bank, it is beautiful! I will have to bring my camera on my next ride. Jill and I are planning for our weekend of fun adventures in the Lamington National Forest. A fellow from the office has offered to drive and accompany us. Should be quite the adventure. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment